What is SEO “Search Engine Optimization? How it works and why you need to learn it? This article will cover all of your SEO related questions from white hat to black hat SEO.
Irrespective of the fact that you’re a blogger or want to be the one, the term Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is indeed essential for you. The SEO is basically a technique opted for the better results for ranking high on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
What Is SEO? Search Engine Optimization Explanation.
SEO: The process of getting top ranking in the search results on a specific keyword is basically called the technique SEO.
SEO is not a tool, SEO is a ton of techniques which are used on a website or a content to increase the visibility in search results pages.
Search Engines like Google, Duckduckgo, Yahoo, and Bing use the advanced algorithms to understand how useful the website or content is for their users. The algorithms contain factors for webmasters to design and work on their site/content that way which the algorithms are able to understand easily. Once the algorithms of these search engines understand the website and agree the website is according to their needs or useful for their users. Then this site will automatically gain higher ranking in search engine results.
Are you using WordPress? Read our worth reading guide to WordPress SEO.
Do you want to start your blog? Read our successful guide to start a blog.
Types of (SEO) – Search Engine Optimization.
The term SEO is divided into two main categories 1: On-page SEO and 2: Off-page SEO.
1: On-page SEO:
On-page SEO means the optimising of the content and HTML of the page for search engines to easily understand.
The On-Page SEO is primarily meant for the content. If you use the correct optimisation on your content pages, then surely you’ll get the best outcomes. Now, to make the On Page SEO work. You need to emphasise on the topics like the title of the post, subheadings, Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI), images optimisation, keyword density and much more.
If you’re using the best SEO plugin called Yoast SEO. Then you don’t need to worry about on-page seo because this plugin will automatically cover all of your on-page SEO needs. Once you start writing your content in post editor of WordPress. The Yoast provides you with the ability to check how your content is optimised from on-page SEO side by indicating green bullets.
The on-page contain these essential tips:
- Use Of H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6.
- Keyword Research.
- Image Optimization:
- Internal Linking.
- External Linking.( Contain relevant links, No broken or spam links)
- Keywords in the title.
- Keywords in the metadata.
- Keyword density.
- Fresh and unique content.
- Load Time of a page.
- Proper URL structures with keywords.
- Responsive & User-friendly Design.
2: Off-Page SEO:
Off-Page SEO is a technique used outside of the website. The off-page SEO includes social media marketing, link building, social bookmarking, forum postings, and submissions.
Off-page SEO main techniques.
- Link Building: It is not a secret that the link building for a website is the most important ranking factor for Google and other search engines. Without backlinks, it is not possible to rank a hard and high volume keywords. You can rank an easy keyword by writing SEO optimised and quality content and by using significant ranking signals. But you cannot rank high-performance keyword without backlinks. We have already covered many link building methods such as Link building complete guide, blog commenting sites, social bookmarking sites, forum posting sites, profile creation sites, and web 2.0 sites.
- Social Media Marketing: It is a great technique used to bring leads, sales, and traffic to a website easily. The social media is also used by search engines like google to collect social signal data from a specific Url. If you don’t know what social signals are? Let me tell you. The social signal is a ranking factor, officially announced by google search blog. It means search engines collect the shares, likes, and engagement of a specific URL from social media sites and give that URL a ranking benefit in search engine listings.
- Social Bookmarking: The social bookmarking is the best way to bring massive traffic to a website, and this traffic can beneficial for your site SEO. Because according to SEmrush ranking factor research the site visits is the first ranking factor for a website. So definitely social bookmarking sites are made for bringing traffic. Also many social bookmarking provide do-follow backlinks to their users. Social bookmarking sites can be used for link building as well.
Two more types of SEO.
In the world of SEO, There are two more types of SEO, Blackhat SEO and White hat SEO.
- BlackHat SEO: The black hat SEO indicates to the use of aggressive SEO approaches, methods, and tactics that focus only on search engines and not to the human audience, and usually does not follow the search engines terms and guidelines. Some examples of black-hat SEO methods include keyword stuffing, invisible links and text, doorway pages (gateway pages), adding irrelevant keywords to the page content or page change the webpage entirely after search engines have ranked it).
- WhiteHat SEO: The whitehat seo merely is on-page and off-page seo according to the search engines term and guidelines.
Conclusion On (SEO) Search Engine Optimization Guide.
SEO entirely needs even if you have a simple local business or a significant international business or simple blogs. Because 70% of website visits and customers really comes from search engines. So you really need to focus and learn the whole term seo without breaking search engine webmaster guidelines.
Hope you like our share about what is SEO? Why it is essential? If you like, please share it with your social media profiles to give us social signals. Thank you.